Choose a flattering outfit with colors that compliment you, but nothing too busy or distracting. Think about colors that people often compliment you on. Avoid solid white, as it tends to look overexposed in photos. (White as an under-layer is fine, just avoid a solid white shirt as your main layer.)
Although many popular styles include loose, flowing clothing, it’s helpful if you wear fitted clothes. It is easiest for us to create slimming angles if your clothing is fitted. Jackets or cardigans are great for layering.
- Women, don't be afraid to go get your makeup done and/or schedule a hair appointment. If you'd rather do it yourself, be sure that your make up and hair are fully done, perhaps even more extensively than normal.
- Men, make sure facial hair is freshly groomed, and that your hair is in place the way you like it. Don't be afraid to use hair product!
- You’ll still want to look like yourself and feel comfortable. The purpose of this photo is to showcase YOU, and that won't work if you don't look like yourself at your session.
- Don't sweat! We get told all the time by clients that their shoot was so much more painless than they were expecting it to be. Whether you're comfortable in front of the camera or not, you're in good hands.
- Think about the vibe you're hoping to give off with this headshot. What do you want your headshot to say about you? Are you approachable? Knowledgable? Confident?
- Professionals - the business scene in Minneapolis and Saint Paul is full of smart, ambitious people who want to make a name for themselves or for their business. Oftentimes, whether on LinkedIn or on a company website, your headshot or your company's staff headshots are the first impression that clients will get of you. Make it a good one!
- Actors - if you’ve been in the theater scene of Minneapolis or Saint Paul for any amount of time, I’m sure you’re aware of how incredibly important headshots are to the performing world. Your headshot is not merely picture of you from the shoulders up. A headshot is an extension of who you are and what roles you want to play. Twin Cities Headshots is not just portrait photography; we do headshots and we do them well.
If you have any questions about your session with Twin Cities Headshots, please feel free to contact us.